| < January >
|Normal Max/ High Temperature
|Min/ Low Temperature
|Number of Wet Days (probability of rain on a day)
|Average Sunlight per day
|Average Daylight per day
|Sunny (Cloudy) Daylight Hours
|Sun altitude at solar noon on the 21st day.
- The average temperature in Rome in January is a little cool at 7 °C (44.6 °F).
- Afternoons can be quite mild with average high temperatures reaching 12.1 °C (53.8 °F).
- Overnight temperatures are generally very cool with an average low of 1.9 °C (35.4 °F).
- In January the average diurnal temperature variation/ range is 10.2 °C (18.4 °F).
- The weather in January is dryish with intermittent rain, sleet or snow. Just 82.6mm (3.3in) of water is deposited across on average 8 days.
- The heavens above Rome are a little dull having an average of a modest 4:17 of bright sunshine daily.
- The shortest day is 9:10 long and the longest day is 9:55 long with an average length of 9:29.
- There are approximately 5:01 per day when bright sunshine is absent due to cloud, haze or the sun being too low on the horizon to register.
- It is sunny approximately 46% of daylight hours and cloudy 54% of daylight hours.
Check the distance to and compare the Rome January averages with somewhere beginning with:
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | All
Weather Trend Graph for January in Rome, Italy
Navigate to January Weather in Locations Surrounding Rome: